The Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) seeks innovative applications on mechanisms to implement and research the effectiveness of STEM education, outreach, and/or workforce initiative programs, here onto referred as STEM activities.
In response to this NFO, the Department intends to release amendments and solicitations, such as Industry Days, Opportunity Days, etc., detailing funding opportunities through award(s) in STEM activities. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- STEM Education and Outreach
- Support for STEM Education at Two-Year Institutions/Community Colleges (2YI/CCs)
- Manufacturing Engineering Education Program
- Education and Workforce Development aligned to the DoD Critical Technology Areas
- Enhanced Civics Education
- STEM Scholarship Programs
- Strategic Partnerships
- Program Evaluations and Assessments
- Data Analytics and Visualizations
- Activities aligned to the DoD STEM Strategic Plan
- Other NDEP Congressional Initiatives and Programs
In response to this NFO, applicants may be asked for a mandatory white paper submission, emailed to email@example.com. Use of the white paper is intended to determine which efforts are of merit preparatory to submission of a full application as described in Section IV. Applicants will be selected from the white paper submissions to be invited by the Government via email to submit a full application on Grants.gov for evaluation and possible award consideration. White papers that fail to address the areas listed in the Program Description of the NFO amendment or Industry Day/Opportunity Day announcement will not be evaluated and will not receive an invitation to submit a full technical application.
The submission of a white paper is dependent on the NFO amendment or Industry Day/Opportunity Day announcement. In addition to the submission requirements outlined in Section IV, all responses should address items in the specific NFO amendment or Industry Day/Opportunity Day announcement.