The Physicists Coalition for Nuclear Threat Reduction, in partnership with the Arms Control Association (ACA), invites applications for its 2023 Next-Generation Fellowship.
This fellowship aims to strengthen the participation of graduate students, postdocs, and early-career physicists and engineers in advancing nuclear weapons threat reduction.
The one-year fellowship offers opportunities, including:
- Partnering with a senior expert on the research and writing of a policy memo on a current nuclear weapons policy issue, which could be the basis for an article in the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists or similar publication, and a presentation at an appropriate venue.
- Opportunity for a training workshop in Washington, DC or online in policy communication, advocacy, and scientific community partnership building with ACA and other non-governmental groups.
- Opportunity for a visit to Washington, DC for advocacy and outreach to Congress.
- Networking opportunities with key nuclear arms control policy and science advocacy groups.
- Participation in a 4-day Princeton Summer School on Science and Global Security.
- Eligibility for a follow-on grant based on a proposal for continued education and work on nuclear threat reduction for a year upon successful completion of the Fellowship.